A Children’s Health Home is a care management service model where ALL of a child’s providers communicate with one another so that a family’s needs are addressed in a comprehensive manner.
Liberty POST is a member of the Children’s Health Home of Upstate New York (CHHUNY) and has aided children and families through this journey for nearly 15 years, making us leaders in the evaluation, diagnosis, special education and therapeutic services.
As the child enters preschool, they can now remain with the same care coordinator providing continuity of services for both the child and their families.
Our Health Homes Care Managers work with families to navigate the complicated, and often bewildering, regulatory system of school districts, health care, and Medicaid.
Additionally, our Care Managers will:
- Assist parents with development of individualized family services and education plans
- Facilitate communication with school supports and Committee on Special Education
- Help with doctor appointments and medication management
- Connect to specialists and other providers
- Ensure linkage to community support services
- Assist with transportation for appointments
Who is eligible to enroll?
Children from birth to age 21, enrolled in Medicaid, with any of the following qualifying conditions:
- Two or more “chronic health conditions,” i.e. Asthma, Obesity, Juvenile Diabetes, Gastrointestinal Disorders, Epilepsy
- Developmental delays or disabilities
- Severe Emotional Disturbance (SED)
- Have experienced trauma and are at risk for another chronic condition
Learn more about our services
Get in touch to find out more about how Liberty POST can help your family.